A Zillion VHS tapes

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

A Zillion VHS tapes

Postby Tompicks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:23 pm

I was looking in my cabinet last night and I have a zillion VHS tapes, and I bet some of you guys do too. Bought them over the years. Scratching my head over what to do with them, because I have no VHS players anymore. They are some really good tapes too, like all the Buster B. instructional tapes, Chet's instructional videos and Rare performance tapes, Bresh Homespun tape, etc etc. Sure wish I had bought them all in DVD format.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Re: A Zillion VHS tapes

Postby Tony Enamel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Maybe you should buy yourself a VHS player and transfer all tapes to your computer respectively burn them on DVD?

Cheers,

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Postby Eddie Estes » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:44 pm

If you send them to me I can transfer them and send you back the tape and a DVD of each one.
Eddie Estes

Postby Randy Finney » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:46 pm

You could give them all to me - I still have a VHS player.

Seriously though, put them all on a hard drive as you won't be able to find a DVD player either within the next few years.

Randy
Randy Finney

Postby Tompicks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:48 pm

That's nice of you Eddie. But if I did that I would drive them up so we could pick some tunes!

Eddie Estes wrote:If you send them to me I can transfer them and send you back the tape and a DVD of each one.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby keener » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Tom and Eddie,

I think it'd be super if you guys got together, but in case that doesn't work out soon, you might be interested in David Pogue's writeup in the NYT on his conversion of old videos:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/techn ... pogue.html

I haven't tried any of it yet (I'm the worst procrastinator in the world), but the article interested me enough that I saved a link to it.

All my best
Bruce
keener

Postby Eddie Estes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:53 am

Well I have a stand alone DVD recorder and Super VHS vcr. So we can pick some and I'll transfer them if that is what you would like.
Just let me know.
Eddie
Eddie Estes

Postby Vidar Lund » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:03 am

It will take quite some time to transfer a zillion tapes to DVD or computer. You´ll get a good new stereo VCR-machine very cheap. That will save time you can spend watching them.
Vidar Lund

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins