Some Pics from CAAS 2015

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Some Pics from CAAS 2015

Postby Jo-AnneP » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Here are some of my pics from CAAS 2015.

Really enjoyed it. It was smaller I guess because some big names weren't there, like Tommy, but I find I enjoy it more when those biggies aren't there, drawing all the attention. The other players gain prominence, and we are treated to some stupendous jams! In the pickin' room the first night I saw the jam of the century - went on for like three hours and got hotter and hotter. Jessie, Audie and Loren were picking like I've never seen. That's why I go to CAAS - not necessarily to see the big names put on a structured show, but to hear these pickers stretch their limits. It's inspiring. Plus I like that everyone is so supportive of us beginners. I enjoy CAAS more and more each year.

The pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152895735370766.1073741973.655235765&type=1&l=7a7559dc76

I can post some vids of the jam if it is allowed
Jo-AnneP

Re: Some Pics from CAAS 2015

Postby Wayne Canning » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Jo-Anne
Regarding your post about the jam sessions with Audie, Jessie & Loren that we watched. By all means post video's of the improvisations by these three exceptional top of the line players jamming. It just don't get any better IMHO.

Thanks, Take Care
Wayne
Wayne Canning

Postby awykle » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:28 pm

Thanks Jo-Anne and Wayne for the kind words! We enjoyed it, glad you did too. It was great seeing you both again!
awykle

Postby Jo-AnneP » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:39 pm

Here's one of the vids of the jam.

https://youtu.be/r8Ef6ndDwvc
Jo-AnneP

Postby Richard Hudson » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:39 am

Audie, that was some powerful pickin' on Jo Anne's video. Missed getting to see you.

Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby awykle » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:56 pm

Hey Richard! I missed getting to visit with you too! Seems like there were a couple folks I didn't get to see or visit much with this year! Thanks for the kind words! Coming form a great player as yourself, means a lot. Let's make a point of getting together next year!
awykle

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 am

Thanks for that post, Joanne. It was an awesome couple of nights with those three playing in our Picker's Club Room.

I saw Loren playing with Mark just last night in Clifton Springs at this neat little library the village put in an old train depot - and, they call the music series "Music by the Tracks." Loren adoringly accused "us" of only allowing him "7 hours sleep in 4 days!" :D

I just don't understand why some CB posters find the need to bad mouth the CAAS convention when the last thing it needs is bad press - when the likes of these three care to come and share their world class talents with those of us that love finger style guitar. If they don't like the way CAAS is run - start their own. (Doubt that will ever happen.)

You are a very needed active participant in the convention, Joanne - thanks so much for you enthusiasm,

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby Eddie Estes » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:19 am

I think everyone here loves the CAAS. People have ideas about maybe better ways to do different things and I am sure Mark Pritcher will sort through the ideas and see if any will work.
Since this board is back where we can post quickly we all need to be positive and I am speaking to myself as much as anyone.

There does need to be more advertisement in maybe guitar player magazine regarding the society and the convention.

I think NAMM is on a different weekend next July so that will make things easier as well.

Eddie
Eddie Estes

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:00 pm

We all have our ideas of what we like and what we would like to see changed (including myself.) I just don't think that a public forum discussion of such ideas is a good idea for the the sake of the convention. It's a thankless and payless job that Doc, Carol and Pat do every year to organize all the newsletters, facilities, registrations, musicians ("some" rather thin skinned), volunteers and vendors. They aren't idiots - they know things are changing. I would suggest, rather, that we simply send Doc our suggestions via personal communications.

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby Eddie Estes » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Well I don't know if I am a "world class talent" or not but sometimes things in print come across differently than they are intended.
Eddie Estes

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins