CAAS 2015 - Photos by Ralph Mitchell

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: CAAS 2015 - Photos by Ralph Mitchell

Postby RonBloor » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Jo-Anne's comments are right on... I've been attending for 8 years straight now and I can say without reservation that I had the most fun ever this year. The mix was just right. When I first started going, the crowds where bigger and the Saturday night show was a huge draw with some pretty big names, but that was just one event. There have been some who didn't like the introduction of jazz into the mix at CAAS, but for the most part, it was done in a tasteful way so that it really didn't overshadow the Chet/Jerry/Merle style players. Well that's my opinion anyway.

In the years I've been going, there have been regulars, both performers and attendees. They have made the convention seem like home away from home. It's like a family reunion every July :)

I'd like to say a big thank you to all the many volunteers that put CAAS together and run it. There are too many to mention but those of us who are regulars know who you are :)

Just one last thing... I really hope this event is around for my grandkids to "get into" and enjoy as much as I've enjoyed it. Just imagine a world without this kind of guitar music. Now that's enough to inspire action!
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Larry Marchino » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:12 am

Several have mentioned the lack of Chet Guitars in the Gretsch display this year at CAAS. While Joe Carducci was doing some work on my guitar someone asked him why they didn't have any 6122 - 1959 single cutaways and he said they didn't have any available at the time. He indicated they had depleted their on-hand stock. So, they must be selling them. It's good that the 1959 reissue is still so popular, but bad for CAAS attendees this year.

Speaking of Joe Carducci, he is a great guy! In talking to him, I mentioned I was thinking of putting a bar bridge on my 6120 and he said wait just a minute and he open up a case containing guitar parts, found a whole new bar bridge and handed it to me. I asked him how much I owed him and he said "nothing". He also pinned the new bridge for me and installed new strings plus gave me another extra set--all at no charge! Now he knows that I bought a 6122 HOF three years ago and I had just bought one of the new resonator Gretsch guitars at CAAS the day before so he knows I am a good Gretsch customer, but I can't say enough about the service of Gretsch and about Joe Carducci! Great guy and great Gretsch service! In this day and age it is really something to have a company support you like this!
Larry Marchino

Postby Art Sims » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:13 am

Reading the comments and seeing the pictures and videos shows me I'm really missing out by not being able to attend CAAS. Was able to come once. That was 2008. Haven't been able to make it back but would like to. I appreciate seeing the pictures and videos and reading about what took place. Thanks to all for posting these things.
Art
Art Sims

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins