Anyone have a list of Jerry Reed's recorded instrumentals?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Anyone have a list of Jerry Reed's recorded instrumental

Postby keener » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:39 pm

I had a cassette tape of his, must have been around 1984 or so, and it seems like it had a couple of easy listening tunes on it. Maybe Piece of Cake was one of those? Not sure. Long time ago.

Also, not clear that he was always the one that did the recording, even tho he clearly could have. Example, I Think Foggy Bottom was actually played by Mark Thorton (on the Finger Dancing album) ???
keener

Postby PhilHunt » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Scarecrow, Teen Scene, Kicky, Get On With It, Huntin' Boots, Reed's Ramble......those are some I spotted missing.
PhilHunt

Postby guitarchuck » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:42 am

Ok guys, help me out here:

by PhilHunt » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Scarecrow, Teen Scene, Kicky, Get On With It, Huntin' Boots, Reed's Ramble......those are some I spotted missing.

I know that Jerry wrote these songs and Chet recorded them, but are there any recorded versions of Jerry actually playing these songs? Also does anyone know the name of the cassette that Bruce Keener is talking about?
guitarchuck

Postby Hendrik » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:01 am

You're right Chuck. This list is based on the instrumentals that Jerry actually played. In this topic there's a list with all songs Jerry (co-)wrote.

Bruce is probably referring to the album Half Singin' and Half Pickin'.
Hendrik

Postby PhilHunt » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:20 am

I'd love to see a list of ALL the instrumental songs Jerry wrote, even if Chet did play them. Does anyone have one? I'm trying to compile all my Reed tab. I'm missing "Welcome to Nevada" and "Navy Blues". I have Navy Blues in tabledit but I'm not sure if it's correct. I have pretty much everything else.
PhilHunt

Postby keener » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:05 am

I wish I could recall the name of the cassette I referred to ... Half Pickin, Half Singing is probably right, but we're talking 30 years ago. I remember it had two easy listening tunes, one that I played over and over on the drive to work, and I can still remember parts of it, although not the name.

You'd have to read up on the Finger Dancing album to see who really played what, but I think Jerry played at least parts of Mr. Lucky and Steeplechase Lane. I load stuff into iTunes and then the cd disappears into an infinite array of CDs and stuff that I really should go thru, but won't. Foggy Bottom might have been on Git It On instead of Finger Dancing.
keener

Postby Hendrik » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:16 am

Bruce, I think you're referring to the following two songs from the Half Singin' and Half Pickin' album:

Jerry Reed - In the Sack
Jerry Reed - Peace of Cake

Foggy Bottom is indeed on the Let's Git It On album.
Last edited by Hendrik on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hendrik

Postby keener » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:19 am

Hendrik,

Definite yes on the second one, negative on the first. Great find.
keener

Postby Hendrik » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 am

Then it must be this one Bruce ;).

Jerry Reed - Pretty Magic

The other two instrumentals on it are Jiffy Jam and Nervous Breakdown. The last one is everything but easy listening :lol: .
Hendrik

PreviousNext

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins