Anyone have a list of Jerry Reed's recorded instrumentals?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Anyone have a list of Jerry Reed's recorded instrumentals?

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:41 pm

This maybe somewhat off topic, (although Chet made many recordings with Jerry :D ) I was just wondering if anyone out there has a complete list of all of Jerry Reed's guitar recordings? I know many of his albums had a song or two. It would be nice to be able to have a list to find them easily.
guitarchuck

Re: Anyone have a list of Jerry Reed's recorded instrumental

Postby headgremlin » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:16 pm

If you are still looking for a list of Jerry Reed instrumentals, I have made up a list of what I think is fairly complete.
It lists the songs, CD's it can be found on, LP's and 45 RPM's also. I may have missed a few on his later recordings, but if you are interested, please email me at spotlightgremlin@yahoo.com
Thanks, Jere Uncapher
headgremlin

Postby guitarchuck » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 pm

I thought some of you might be interested in this list. If so, send me a private message through this board and I'll email it to you either in Microsoft Word format or pdf. There were a few that weren't on Jere's original list, so I've updated it.
guitarchuck

Postby PaulBennett » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:42 am

Mentioned above is a wonderful program/database which for some unknown condition, simply didn't catch on. It was easier for most to post a question and await and answer than to look up the answer in their own computer.

For more information check out http://chetatkinsfans.com/ - EL-K Software and MyMusic DB

In 2002, in the TablEdit hay-day, a guitarist from this group wrote and published a Windows based program driven by a database which held Chet's songs by albums with many details, as well as a database for Jerry Reed Hubbard and several others. It was extremely handy as there had been many questions relating to song publishing formats etc etc etc. It did NOT require internet connection to retrieve data which was maintained on your local hard drive.
PaulBennett

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Hey Guys,

Guess what? I goofed! I had edited my list and sent the wrong one out to everyone! I had to dig my edited list out of the recyle bin on my computer! LOL. I didn't notice until Dow pointed out that I had left off the instrumentals from the Pickin' CD. Dow also pointed out that I left off Foggy Bottom from the Let's Git It On CD.

Does anyone know if there was a Struttin' #2? If so what album was it on?

I think that I just sent out the Updated Jerry Reed Instrumental List to everyone that requested it before if not send me a message and I'll get it out to you.
guitarchuck

Postby Texican65 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:26 am

Hey Chuck....to my knowledge....the original Struttin' was on the "Mind Your Love" album....not sure if Struttin#2 was on an album that Jerry released, but it was on Chet's album "Chet Atkins, Me and My Guitar." I think Jerry wrote it. John Knowles included it in his Heavy Neckin' book. Thanks to Phil for uploading recently this video of Jerry playing the tune live.

Dow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv_dPN_8 ... plpp_video
Texican65

Postby GlenHines » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:15 pm

I could be wrong, often am - but I think the version on "Mind Your Love" came after the "Me and My Guitar" version. I seem to remember Jerry being surprised upon finding out that there was another song of his called Struttin.
Glen Hines
GlenHines

Postby craigdobbins » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 am

The Struttin' on Mind Your Love was first (1975). The Me and My Guitars Struttin' was 1977.

Thanks,

Craig
craigdobbins

Postby RandeDager » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Craig, that's what I remember too. I was still finishing up my math degree in Tennessee when the "Mind Your Love" album came out and was teaching in Florida when the "Me and My Guitar" album was released. In fact, I associate just about all of Chet's albums with whatever was happening in my life at the time. Of course, I wasn't even aware of him until 1962 and he had already made a few before that.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Texican65 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Craig. Chuck....theres' your answer good buddy!

Dow
Texican65

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins