Anyone have a list of Jerry Reed's recorded instrumentals?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Anyone have a list of Jerry Reed's recorded instrumental

Postby keener » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:34 am

That's it and it's the one I still had in my head. I pictured it as something he might have put together in his studio musician days. Great find!
keener

Postby craigdobbins » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:19 pm

I remember Seidina introducing her Dad doing In the Sack on Pop Goes the Country by saying something like "This is the most ignorant song I've ever heard."
craigdobbins

Postby Eddie Estes » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:42 pm

What I would like to hear is the tapes and such that Jerry sent Chet to learn the tunes by.

I have heard one of one tape of Jerry teaching Chet Around The Bend.

Eddie
Eddie Estes

Postby keener » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:51 am

Whoever has the tape of Jerry teaching Chet Around The Bend should make it available to all of us so we don't have to form a lynch mob. I've got some spare rope out in the garage.
keener

Postby PhilHunt » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:46 pm

We've all got our treasure troves of Chet/Jerry material. The cd of Jerry teaching Chet "Around The Bend" is a gem. The alternate takes of Pickin' My Way and Yestergroovin' are also some gems. There's other material, but I'd rather not mention what it is. Trust me, there's lots of rare Chet/Jerry/Lenny I would love to share on YouTube or with folks but I simply can't. I have a binder that is about 6inches thick of all my Chet/Jerry DVDs.
One person I have to thank in particular is Pat Bacon "PB in CC". He provided me with tons of Chet tv stuff.
PhilHunt

Postby PhilHunt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Does anyone have the tablature to "Navy Blues"? Not the tabledit version.
PhilHunt

Postby Ken Goddard » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 am

PaulBennett wrote:Mentioned above is a wonderful program/database which for some unknown condition, simply didn't catch on. It was easier for most to post a question and await and answer than to look up the answer in their own computer.

For more information check out http://chetatkinsfans.com/ - EL-K Software and MyMusic DB

In 2002, in the TablEdit hay-day, a guitarist from this group wrote and published a Windows based program driven by a database which held Chet's songs by albums with many details, as well as a database for Jerry Reed Hubbard and several others. It was extremely handy as there had been many questions relating to song publishing formats etc etc etc. It did NOT require internet connection to retrieve data which was maintained on your local hard drive.

Hi Paul
This discussion sure brings back a lot of memories.
I was the Beta tester and also provided all the 45 rpm discography for the Chet Atkins database.
I still use the software for my complete Chet collection of lp's, cd's, tapes, books etc.
I noticed the link was broken that you provided, here is a working link.

http://el-kay.com/

KOP

Ken Goddard
Tablature-Archive(English)
http://www.Tabledit.com
Ken Goddard

Postby DagerRande » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:25 am

Hey Ken! Will you be at CAAS this year? I miss seeing you. I hope Peggy is o.k. and please tell her hi for me!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins