Les Paul Live in New York City on PBS

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Les Paul Live in New York City on PBS

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:59 am

In my area on PBS WUNC, they are broadcasting Les Paul Live from New York City at 10 PM, according to the local paper and the station's website. This is for the Eastern North Carolina and Norfolk/ Virginia Beach area. I am looking forward to watching it. Here is a link to a video preview. Tommy Emmanuel is part of the preview.
http://www.unctv.org/videoalt/winterfes ... _dec4.html

Ray
Ray Bohlken

Re: Les Paul Live in New York City on PBS

Postby RonBloor » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:02 pm

It was on our PBS station on Thursday night. I must admit that I was pretty disappointed, because it was in large part just a commercial to buy the DVD or CD of the complete program (become a member!!). Out of the 1 1/2 hour scheduled, there was probably about 1/2 an hour of content, well that's the way it seemed to me. I'm not trying to knock public TV.. it has some great programming, but this was a disappointment to me.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Re: Les Paul Live in New York City on PBS (Jose's Kirk Sand)

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:43 pm

I missed most of the first segment, but I managed to catch Jose Feliciano playing his Kirk Sand cutaway classical. It has a larger body than most Kirk Sand models and sounded good to me with a sound only Jose can produce.
Thanks,
Ronnie Evans
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby baggetta » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Last night at 10:30 pm our local pbs WGBY in ran a Jeff Beck Tribute to Les Paul at the Iridium. This was a disappointment too. Too much of self promotion for the rockers, PBS, and only a little Les Paul segment. I shut it off and put on my DVD of Chasing Sound. Had a better time and didn't have to put up with all the begging.
Al B.
baggetta

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:45 pm

I recorded it and just finished watching. I enjoyed it, especially Tommy Emmanuel and Les playing Blue Moon and Les played a great version of Sleepwalk. I'm glad I didn't sit through the "pledge" parts live, though.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins