The new chetboard

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: The new chetboard

Postby Doug_H » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:22 am

Jack Baker wrote:Tom and Doug H.,
This new site is fantastic and has so many more functions now...really tastefull and well thought out...Happy rest of the Summer Tom and Doug H....Jack

Jack,
I know Tom appreciates the kudos (and deserves them), but just to set the record straight.. I'm retired. Tom has done this all on his own as far as I know...and he's done a very good job. I won't be moderating and will try to keep my nose clean (and out of people's beeswax). It feels pretty good to just be 'one of the boys'. ;)

And, yeah...the rest of the summer can't be short enough for me. It's HOT here in Arkansas!
Doug_H

Postby johnhorneguitar » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Hey, I'm new to the board. I take it that whatever messages were on the old version are no longer accessible for viewing?
johnhorneguitar

Postby Tompicks » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Thanks to Doug, all of the posts from the old board are still searchable:
http://misterguitar.us/cbimg/chetboardsearch.html

Tom

johnhorneguitar wrote:Hey, I'm new to the board. I take it that whatever messages were on the old version are no longer accessible for viewing?
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby johnhorneguitar » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Thanks! That's good to know!
johnhorneguitar

Postby keener » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Tom,

I appreciate your tireless efforts on maintaining the old board and migrating to the new. You've done a great job and we all appreciate you. It is taking a bit of effort for me to be accustomed to the change, but I understand that the change had to be made and I'm sure I'll feel comfortable with it as I learn more in's and out's.

Thank you again.

Doug,

Congratulations on retiring. Please take good care of yourself. Your hard work on our behalf for such a long time will not be forgotten.

All my best to you both,
Bruce
keener

Postby Vidar Lund » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:57 pm

I see this post has had 1073, now 1074, views. There´s a lot of interest out there I must say.
Vidar Lund

Postby albertgen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:45 pm

The old board was better and had more posts and you could see everyboby jumping in on a topic, sorry, Al
albertgen

Postby Randy Finney » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:09 pm

Vidar Lund wrote:I see this post has had 1073, now 1074, views. There´s a lot of interest out there I must say.

Actually, it is not a lot of views (now at about 1213) based on 29 Replies and 360 Registered Users. If every Registered User was following this topic and clicking on it - to be conservative - every 3 Replies, you would expect that each User would have clicked on it at least 10 times, resulting in 3,600 views.

Personally, I have probably clicked on this topic 20 times since it was first posted. "View Count" is not a great measure of interest level. "Reply Count" is far more relative. This topic has 29, which is very high for a given topic.

So I think you are right that there is a lot of interest - which is why the Chetboard will not survive the change and, in the end, be better for it.

Randy
Randy Finney

Postby stambi » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:25 am

albertgen wrote:The old board was better and had more posts and you could see everyboby jumping in on a topic, sorry, Al

I agree with that.
Boris Stambuk
stambi

Postby George Beasley » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:38 am

The new Chetboard will be fine. This is the only place on the web that is all Chet, all the time...so if people want to talk about Chet, they will come here.

It would be nice, however, to not have to register. I did enjoy the open posting policy on the other board, and hope that this board does not end up being ban-happy.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

PreviousNext

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins