The new chetboard

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

The new chetboard

Postby Bigbill » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:04 pm

I sorry if I'm the only one who feels this way, but, there is no comunacation here in the room anymore, its just post and come back and check on it later...I dont post alot anyway but this is no fun anymore. I've always loved Chet Atkins and also loved reading the post about him, but this is just to much for me....I like the Chetboard better the way it was...Not mad or fussing just my opinion...Bill
Bill Murphy
Bigbill

Re: The new chetboard

Postby guitarchuck » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Hi Bill,
Try the link below Chet's picture on the main page labled:
View active topics. This places all the post topics on one page. Though not exactly the same, you might like it better. There are some other options there that you can try.
guitarchuck

Postby albertgen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:29 pm

This is kinda like a chet tune with a lot of hard chords, Al
albertgen

Postby Mike Detlefsen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:23 pm

I like the new board much more than the old one. Good work, guys.

Put me in the group that wishes people would use their real names. I don’t like having to guess who I’m reading messages from. On most boards, it probably doesn’t matter, but I’ve met many of the people who post here, and I like to see their names.

Mike
Mike Detlefsen

Postby RonBloor » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Mike Detlefsen wrote:I like the new board much more than the old one. Good work, guys.

Put me in the group that wishes people would use their real names. I don’t like having to guess who I’m reading messages from. On most boards, it probably doesn’t matter, but I’ve met many of the people who post here, and I like to see their names.

Mike

Agreed Mike... I'm not in favor of names like whostolethehorse etc. :D At the very least folks should have their signature with their real name.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Sholmst » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:22 pm

I agree with Bigbill. The old board may have been more primitive, but it seemed more spontaneous.I will change my login to my real name as soon as I figure out how to do it.
Scott R. Holmstrom
Sholmst

Postby Bill Patrick » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:46 pm

I guess i am old school and don,t take to change like some , so i have to agree with Big Bill Murphy . I liked the old Chet Board better . But i guess i will get use to it sooner or later . Bill Patrick .
Bill Patrick

Postby Tompicks » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Sholmst,

You can add your real name to the sig file listed at the bottom of every message you post. Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature - put your real name in the comment box.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby Larry Marchino » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Well, I must admit to being a little upset and concerned the first time I saw the new format. We never like to get out of our comfort zones don't ya know. I am getting used to it though and it will be OK.

I want to thank all those who do the work behind the scenes to keep the Chetboard and the website going. Although I seldom post, I have Chet's website set as my home page and I regularly check the Chetboard to see what is new. Most of you don't know me, but you may recognize me from CAAS as I have attended everyone since 1997.

Larry Marchino
Larry Marchino

Postby thenorm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 pm

It's like anything else...once it's been there for two or three weeks it'll seem like it's been that way for always.
Its' not 'better' or 'worse' it's just different.

Ain't none of them perfect

Thing I like about it (and I already said it) you can edit your posts and correct things! That's a plus.
thenorm

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins