Remembering Tommy Jones

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Remembering Tommy Jones

Postby DagerRande » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Hello Everyone!
Tommy Jones was born on October 8, 1954. He would have been 60 today. He was one month short of seeing 48. In terms of technical physical ability and musical creativity, I consider him to have been one of the best ever!

Rande
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Remembering Tommy Jones

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Tommy Jones was an amazing player. I never did get to see him or hear him play in person.
Richard Hudson

Postby the-ocean87 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:04 pm

He was indeed one of the greatest ever! I discoverd his music a few years ago through Youtube and was blown away by his talent. Unfortunately he was and is so unknown in the guitar scene. IMO There are only few guitar players who can hold a candle to Tommy!

Is there any concert footage avalible of Tommy? I have both of his instructional videos and the clips from youtube. Does anybody here own footage that isn't on youtube and would like to share that?
the-ocean87

Postby Joe Diamond » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Tommy was a guy who surpassed most of us, but he could not make the mark that he so richly deserved in the highly sought after phony music industry. Sometimes a person is SO talented that the everyday buying public can't understand this. Such was the case of Mozart who died broke. I was under the impression that Tommy just let himself pass away. Does anyone know if that was true or that he really had health problems.
Joe Diamond

Postby keener » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Thanks for posting this Rande. Tommy was such an awesome talent. Such a shame he's no longer with us.
keener

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins