The book has been released!

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

The book has been released!

Postby mark reinhart » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:08 pm

I wanted to let all of you know that my book CHET ATKINS: THE GREATEST SONGS OF MISTER GUITAR has just been released by McFarland and Company -- I am just thrilled with the way it has turned out, and I hope that all of you will be too. The print version is available right at this moment, and I imagine the ebook will be available sometime over the next few weeks. If you'd like to get a look at the book, you can find it on Amazon or at McFarland's website, http://www.mcfarlandbooks.com.

[img]/http://ca.pbsstatic.com/xl/21/8521/9780786478521.jpg[img]
mark reinhart

Re: The book has been released!

Postby Tompicks » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks again for writing this book Mark - I am delving in more and enjoying it immensely. I'm planning to order some copies for Chet fans on my Christmas list. It's obvious you love Chet's recordings and I appreciate the effort you put into getting the details for each of the featured recordings.

Regards,
Tom
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby mark reinhart » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:59 am

Tom, thanks so much for the kind words about the book. It is really a thrill to watch a project I have held so close to my heart for so long make its way out into the world. Now that the book is out, I am really hoping to be able to attend the CAAS convention this year. I would love to be able to have face-to-face meetings with some of the people who have been so kind and supportive to me here in the Chetboard.
mark reinhart

Postby rickr » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Just ordered one..look forward to reading it

Rick
rickr

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:18 am

Fixed the typo so we can see the image ;)

Dave

Postby awykle » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:36 pm

I concur with you Tom! I'm about half way thru and a very comprehensive, informative book of Chet's recordings! Mark, a job well done!
awykle

Postby mark reinhart » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:40 am

I'm so happy to hear that there are Chetboarders out there who are enjoying the book, and Dave, thanks for getting the picture of the cover on the board properly. I had never posted an image here before, and I am obviously going to have to figure out how to do that right the next time around! One more thing relating to the book while I'm on that topic -- Amazon just released the Kindle edition of the book over the past day or so -- so if you'd like to get ahold of it electronically, it is officially available now.
mark reinhart

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:55 am

Mark,

I ran into Scott Brooks at the Clintonville Woman's Club, last night - and, he gave me the "heads-up" on your book. I told him I knew of a perfect place to hawk it - and, it turns out you have already been out here on the CB. I've got one better if you have some time on Sat, Nov 8th (10 am - 4 pm.) I have this Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club that reveres and plays 7 hours of Chet once a month at the McConnell Arts Center in Worthington. You might want to stop by and say hello. I can't promise you a bunch of business, but it would be really nice to come talk to us avid Chet fans about your book.

Palmer Moore - Organizer, Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club - palmer@ofgc.net
Pickin Palmer

Postby mark reinhart » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Palmer, even though you and I have not met in person yet, I have been following the great work you have done with the Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club for a long time now. And I know we've got a number of mutual friends here in the central Ohio area, including Scott. I'd love to attend the meeting on 11/8 to let folks know about the book, as well as to enjoy some great guitar playing. I'll try to get in touch with you directly over the next week or so.
mark reinhart

Postby emjaybee94 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:22 am

Hi Mark,
Congratulations on getting your book published; not an easy task. I've just ordered my copy from Amazon, but it hasn't been released in the UK yet so I have a wait, but from what I've been hearing here, it will be worth it.
Regards
Mike Barker
emjaybee94

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins