Hi Paul Yandell

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Hi Paul Yandell

Postby keener » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Paul,

We all miss you very much, and it is always such a pleasure to see you on the Board.

I hope your medicine does what it is supposed to do.

To give you a hint at how special you are to me: the only time I had an opportunity to actually meet Chet, I chose instead to stand outside his bus (or was it an RV ?) and spend a few minutes talking with you. You all were in Atlanta for some show, either a NAMM or a concert at Chastain Park. Would have been 35 or 40 years ago. My friend Robert Ward went inside to meet Chet and get an autograph, and I asked you a couple of questions and shook your hand. Robert would have wanted me to pick something for Chet, and I would have made a fool of myself. So, instead I had the pleasure of meeting you briefly.

You are special to all of us. Thank you for being such a great inspiration, and thanks for all the great, great music that you helped Chet and Jerry make.

All my best
Bruce Keener
keener

Postby albertgen » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:01 am

I hope you feel better real soon Paul, I'll be praying for you, Al
albertgen

Postby Billy Anderson » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 am

Paul, here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Also a thanks for being such a nice guy to share your time with us in regard to questions and your memories of your time with Chet. I think you are a very lucky and talented man, and I envy you your talent and career. Best of luck to you! Billy
Billy Anderson

Postby Tony Enamel » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Keep your spirits up, Paul!

Cheers from Germany,

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Postby rhirvine » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:10 pm

I have several of your albums and really enjoy them. Especially your rendition of "Cherokee". I'm hoping and praying that you get well again. I've never met you and probably never will since I live out on the "left coast" but I hope to hear you playing again. Thanks for all the good music and backing up my main guitar hero, Chet Atkins.

Sincerely, Rich Irvine
rhirvine

!

Postby rhirvine » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 pm

It didn't seem to get posted before but I'm praying for your recovery from your illness. Your only 70 something. I have several of your CD's. You did my favorite version of "Chrokee" which I first heard as a 13 year old boy watching a parade in Little Falls, NJ. Get better, you hear! My mother is 85 and my step-dad is 95. I pray to the Lord Jesus for your full recovery. Love you Paul.

In Christ,
Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby stambi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:12 am

I hope your health will be better soon.
Boris Stambuk
stambi

Postby Paul Yandell » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Thanks fellows that means a lot to me, Micah and I spent the week up at the old home place and then came by the Merle Travis BD event Paul Mosley and I played for a while I got to see all of my friends up there, I wanted to tell you Steve Wariner has a new cd coming Feb 8 he wrote a great fingerstyle tune and ask me to play on it with him it was a lot of fun, thanks paul
Paul Yandell

Postby Tompicks » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up Paul. I really enjoyed the song you did with Steve on his last CD, "Reeding out Loud".
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby guitarchuck » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Paul,
Good to hear you're doing some pickin'. I converted your old cassette tape "Down Through The Years" to a CD this weekend, so I won't wear that old tape out. I have all 7 of your CD's counting the audio CD of "Fingerstyle Legacy" that Mel Bay put out. Now I have 8 of your CD's now that I converted your cassette. I put all of the albums on my phone so I can enjoy your music whenever I want now.
guitarchuck

PreviousNext

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins