Chet on XM radio

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet on XM radio

Postby DWolfram » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:25 pm

I heard Chet on XM radio today.

I was driving my wife home after a doctor's appointment. At the first 6 notes or so I was already thinking how great it sounded and quickly realized it was Chet playing I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles.

Yeah, it sounded so good, melodic, strong and precise. And the thumb was there playing that syncopated bass. The goose bumps came out on my arms as they so often did when the hero would first step out on the stage. But the tears came out too when I remembered he has been gone nearly a dozen years.

I was happy though, knowing others would be listening and see his name on the radio's dispaly.

David
DWolfram

Re: Chet on XM radio

Postby ajbremer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:53 am

That would be great if there was an XM station dedicated to finger style wouldn't it?
ajbremer

Re: Chet on XM radio

Postby bill park » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 pm

ajbremer wrote:That would be great if there was an XM station dedicated to finger style wouldn't it?

Just an XM station dedicated to instrumental GUITAR music would be enough to get me to sign up...they could play anything and everything - fingerstyle, jazz, pop, rock, classical, new age...In fact, that could be the name of the station - G U I T A R .
bill park

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins