Jerry Reed recordings

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Jerry Reed recordings

Postby Chuck » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:14 pm

What are the essential Jerry Reed (instrumental) recordings to have, and are they available? I've become familiar with much of Jerry's music actually through Buster B. Jones teaching dvd, various youtube clips, etc.. Naturally I have the Me and Chet and Me and Jerry cd's and "Pickin'" as well. I like the vocal cuts very much Jerry does, but would like to make sure I am fully exploring the instrumentals. I know most everyone here knows of all of them. Thanks for answering such a basic question. Chuck
Chuck

Re: Jerry Reed recordings

Postby George Beasley » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:51 pm

There were a few instrumentals on most of Jerry's albums...The Claw, Two Timing, Swingin 69, Reedology, etc. A lot of his most famous instrumentals, however, were never recorded by him, and can be found on Chet's albums. I wouldn't worry too much about just seeking his instrumentals, as some of his best fingerpicking can be found on his vocal cuts. Jerry was as much of a singer as he was a picker, and the two together is something very special.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby GlenHines » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:19 pm

You can get a sampling of some of Jerry's guitar work where he's accompanying himself by looking for Phil Hunt's videos on YouTube.
Glen Hines
GlenHines

Postby Jo-Anne Park » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Three that I really like are "Pickin' ", "Finger Dancing" and "Jerry Reed Explores Guitar Country". "The Unbelievable Guitar and Voice of" and "Better Things In Life" have got some great tunes, too.

I found some of his albums on CD Baby.
Jo-Anne Park

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins