Merle Travis-World is Waiting for Sunrise-tab anyone ?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Merle Travis-World is Waiting for Sunrise-tab anyone ?

Postby Larry Lenhart » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:57 pm

I would like to learn the chord progression on the second part of Merle's version of this great tune...does anyone have this tabbed out...the first version, straight melody is pretty straightforward, but I get lost about after 5 chords in, after the diminished chords ....he is playing some really cool arpeggiated chords in that part, that I dont think are all that difficult, but I sure cant get them.. any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance.
Larry Lenhart

Re: Merle Travis-World is Waiting for Sunrise-tab anyone ?

Postby Terry Tolley » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:42 am

Hi Larry,

I will bet the chords Travis uses are like these - http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/l/les_p ... se_crd.htm - but if not - I am sure someone can steer you better.
Terry Tolley

Postby Larry Lenhart » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks Terry, I didnt really make my first post very clear. What I meant to say is the second part of Merles version where he is improvising basically but "running the chords" as its sometimes called. I am using the Tascam guitar trainer to slow it down so I can figure out his chord progression, but that muddies the sound too much for me, and not really helping me much. Thanks to anyone who could shed some light on what he is doing there. Does anyone do customized tabs for a fee....I would gladly purchase this. Thanks in advance.
Larry Lenhart

Postby volscoach » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Larry, send me an email to srobe9039@aol.com and I will send you a tef if you have the tef reader from tabledit. Regards Steve
volscoach

Postby Larry Lenhart » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:51 pm

close thread...found it..thanks so much !
Larry Lenhart

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins