Chet's CGP diploma at the CMHOF

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet's CGP diploma at the CMHOF

Postby DWolfram » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:30 pm

After 15 years I finally saw the diploma I made to go with Chet's CGP degree. See Oct 2011 post "Chet's CGP degree".

I went to the CMHOF last week and there it was on display in the special exhibit for our hero.

I was a little annoyed the accompanying placard referred to it as an 'award' and also as a 'certificate'. Like something you get for employee of the month. It's a diploma. A diploma gives visual esteem for the achievment it represents. It's like the person who handled the artifact had no knowledge of the CGP history. Maybe not even a Chet fan. Heresy I say. :o

It's too bad the CMHOF,prior to the exhibit, did not ask the public to loan memorablia. I have one of Chet's stage bar stools and a few photos that may be of interest. No telling what else is out there.

At any rate the exhibit was still great. It should demonstrate to folks who did not know Chet what he was all about.

The word is no more exhibit in the forseeable future and no Chet museum probably ever. Thank goodness for CAAS.

P.S. The complete story of the making of the CGP diploma should be in the February issue of Mister Guitar.

Chetfully yours,
David
Attachments
cgp diplomat007 (1024x802).jpg
Extra copy of CGP diploma. Note reversed signatures
CMHOF 2012 191 - Copy (800x533).jpg
In front of Chet's diploma holding a copy
DWolfram

Re: Chet's CGP diploma at the CMHOF

Postby snakehips » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey David,
I'm back on chetboard. You need help harrassing all of our Chet friends. :lol:
Robert Henry
snakehips

Re: Chet's CGP diploma at the CMHOF

Postby DWolfram » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:49 am

Hey Robert! Well I need someone to keep me straight. Did you say you went to the CMHOF to see the diploma?

You learning any new songs to pick?

David
DWolfram

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins