Chet & Leona's Anniversary June 3,1946

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet & Leona's Anniversary June 3,1946

Postby PhilHunt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:47 pm

I wanted to mention this yesterday but I forgot....yesterday was Chet and Leona's Anniversary. They were married June 3,1946. They would have been married 66 years.
PhilHunt

Re: Chet & Leona's Anniversary June 3,1946

Postby RandeDager » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Phil, I've accumulated a lot of Chet trivia over the years, including the phone number to his office when I would talk to his secretary Carolyn Campbell (Archie's wife) to ask about his tour schedule, but this item that you just posted is a new one for me. Thanks for letting us know!
Rande
RandeDager

Postby synchro » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Staying married for 55 years is no small feat especially when there is a music career going on.
synchro

Postby Richard Hudson » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Phil, I appreciate you reminding us about Chet and Leona's wedding anniversary. As Synchro mentioned, it is remarkable for a show business personality like Chet to stay married to the same woman. Off track a little bit here, but I honestly cannot tell you the dates that either my Mom or my Dad passed from this life. However, their birthdays and their wedding anniversary always rings a special bell in my mind when they roll around. Chet's birthday on June 20 always rings in my mind and is always a vivid reminder to me of how great he was and how much he accomplished in this life. His day of passing was a sad day for all of us, but his birthday and his wedding anniversary always brings a smile to my face as I remember his greatness, and also Leona for enduring the hardships she did. She was undoubtedly a very strong woman.
Richard Hudson

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins