Chet Atkins Exhibit @ CMHOF

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet Atkins Exhibit @ CMHOF

Postby Greg Butler » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Monday of this past week my wife & I drove to Nashville to visit the Chet Atkins exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame. For those of us who looked upon Chet as being our favorite guitarist, it is truly a "walk down memory lane." The display of guitars, a portion of his home "workshop," the video tapes, the photographs, the letters, etc. were a source of great interest and enjoyment. I'm certain that different fans can think of other items that might have been included, but overall the people at the HOF have put forward a really nice exhibit. I never realized that Chet's D'Angelica guitar was such a beautiful instrument as it is. And of course, the most famous of Chet's Gretsch Country Gentleman guitars has a prominent place. Hopefully, all of you who will be in Nashville for the CAAS convention in July can fit a tour of the CMHOF into your plans. I don't believe that you will be sorry.
Greg Butler

Re: Chet Atkins Exhibit @ CMHOF

Postby RonBloor » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:11 am

I sure hope that rumor about them extending the exhibit into July is true. If you look at the CMHOF site, they still list the ending date in June!!! It sure would be a shame for anyone that attends CAAS to miss it. I wonder if there couldn't possibly be a special tour leaving from the Sheraton. I know it would probably conflict with other events, but perhaps it could even compliment the convention!! Just a thought.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins