Chet's House

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet's House

Postby Jamie Foshee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:21 am

I am in town for the weekend. I stopped to pay my respects at Chet and Leona's graves and continued to their former home. I could not tell if anyone is currently living in the home, even though a car was parked in the drive way. It appears that some construction has started on the side where the studio was located ( perhaps a garage). If anyone knows the status of the home, I would appreciate any information. After breakfast at the Loveless Cafe, I am going to the CMHOF, The Musician's Hall of Fame and other spots.
Jamie Foshee
Hattiesburg, MS
Jamie Foshee

Re: Chet's House

Postby Norm » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:39 am

The studio was in the basement. The garage, if there was one...and there probably was... would be a garage.

The CA At Home album is the garage type studio but that was not in the Bell Meade house. The At Home house was their home prior to building the more familiar house.

I forget exactly who the house was left to. It was to a female realative but it did not appear to be Merle. This could have been arranged to make tax issues easier to manage.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins