Pacobble

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Pacobble

Postby pacobble » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:04 pm

This is Greg Pacobbles son, just wanted to let all of his freind know that he is with the lord, and i would like to thank all of his wonderful freinds for every thing yall have done for him and my mom. he was a good man and we will miss him. thanks for every thing.
pacobble

Re: Pacobble

Postby pacobble » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:16 pm

This is Sylvia, PaCobble's daughter. We can't thank each of you enough for all the prayers and support throughout Dad's battle with cancer. We so enjoyed the other night when all the guitar pickers got together to play for Dad. He was having a rough day with pain that day. He seemed to calm during all the beautiful music. It was a great blessing to the family to sit there and listen to all the love being showered onto Dad. One poster said it right, "We are playing him to heaven." Now he's there picking and grinning and having a good time. Thanks again for being the friends you are to my Dad.
Sylvia
pacobble

Postby David Elliott » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Thank you for letting us know of Jim's passing. My condolences to the family.

David Elliott
Simi Valley, California
David Elliott

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:35 pm

I'll never forget my all too infrequent times with Pa. He was always such a gentleman. Pa loved fingerstyle guitar and all of us who try to play it. Actually, Pa was one of the better players, but he spent most of his time boosting others, such as myself, and I won't ever forget that. It is heartbreaking to know that such a good man had to endure so much pain and suffering, but I believe Pa is home safe now. God bless his family for what they have been through.

My condolences,

Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby Terry Tolley » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Thank you for letting us know about Pa. Although I never got to met him in this life, I have had the privilege of hearing him play several tunes from postings online. I always admired his talent and touch. Now that he is gone on to this next phase in his life, I know he must be having fun pickin' again for and with others who have gone on before. I look forward to a great meeting with Pa and so many other pickin' friends when it is my turn to cross that into that threshold of life so I can pick some tunes with him. My condolences to your family in this time of passing, but I know Pa is in a better place, and he no longer suffers from his earthly sorrows. Instead, he carries with him the memories of a wonderful family and great mortal life.

Terry Tolley
Terry Tolley

Postby Roger Pratt » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:54 pm

I am so saddened by this news. I wish I had words that would ease your pain. Jim was one of the very best men that I ever had the honor to meet and call my friend. His kindness and generosity knew no bounds. He was a staunch warrior for his Lord Jesus Christ and was quick to tell you of God's grace. I will miss him more than I can say. He was my brother in Christ!
Roger Pratt

Postby keener » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:32 pm

I am so sorry for the loss to the family and the CAAS community.

When good and humble men leave us, they leave a bigger hole than can be filled. At least Jim left this world knowing that he was loved and appreciated, so we can take some comfort in that.
keener

Postby LMark » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Our prayers are with the family. Pa was a Christian gentleman, and I will miss him. He set the standard for us in many ways. Sincere regards, Mark Bruffey
LMark

Postby RonBloor » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:54 pm

We were saddened to hear of Jim's passing. My wife and I have had Jim and family in our prayers as have many of his friends here on Chetboard. Even though I didn't know Jim personally.... except for a short meet/greet at CAAS, but Jim certainly was part of the Chetboard family for years. A very good person has passed from this life to the next. He will be missed by those left in this world. Our sincere condolences to the family. Ron and Brenda.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Richard Culbreath » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:48 pm

My condolences to the family.

Jim and I used to greet each other on the TFGA Board with our limited use of the Turkish Language. We met at CAAS also, and he was a pleasant gentleman (and an fellow airman of the USAF)

RIP, Jim. Shalom
Richard Culbreath

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins