scotty anderson

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

scotty anderson

Postby rhirvine » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 am

There are prominent guitarists such as Tommy Emmanel, Richard Smith, Frank Vignola, Andreas oberg, Joscho Stephan, Martin Taylor and many more that I can't think of at this time that are so good that I can't believe it but it seems like Scotty Anderson is like Art Tatum was for the piano. Simply something else again. I wish I could see and hear him live but I doubt he comes to the west coast. I'm glad I never persued a guitar career since I never had a style of my own like so many of you I read about and hear at the Chet site. I hope I'm not offending anyone at this site which I usually lurk at and somethimes post at. Of course I hope I get to see and hear all these guitar heroes I've mentioned live someday. So far I've seen Richard Smith live and Tommy Emmanuel and Frank Vignola on PBS.
rhirvine

Re: scotty anderson

Postby RonBloor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:07 am

I like your musings Rich (I think it's Rich!).. One or your observations about unique style is quite true.. I remember listening to Duane Eddy and thinking how he had such a different style/sound. That could be said about most, if not all, of the guitarists that have "made it".. Your other observations are also quite true. All the guitarists you mention are very talented and can play like "a house on fire" :).. I've been fortunate enough to have seen (and met) most of them. Some through CAAS and some because we have a great guy here in Toronto (Randy Finney) that arranges to have them come and perform here. Unfortunately, all that close hand experience has not helped me become much better, but I'm sure enjoying the music!! Come to CAAS... Most of them are there (or have been or will be!).. Take care and thanks for your musings.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Re: scotty anderson

Postby chet1952 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:11 pm

Ouch! Scotty Anderson

Well, the first time I heard him I said to myself, God please I need an extra life! :lol:
He is sure one of a kind and for sure in my 5 tops players list.

Jean-Francois
chet1952

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins