Hmm? This kind of works...

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Hmm? This kind of works...

Postby Randy Finney » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:22 pm

The design aspects are not very elegant yet but, any opinions on the functionality?

http://readmylicks.com/

Randy
Randy Finney

Re: Hmm? This kind of works...

Postby George Mayle » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Great start Randy! The site has great potential. To me, the functionality seems very workable.

George
George Mayle

Re: Hmm? This kind of works...

Postby Randy Finney » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks, George.

I have decided that the format for the Chet Atkins Pedagogy Project should be a blog - at least for the next ten years or so while it is being developed.

The advantage of making Song Articles blog posts is that they are much more dynamic. It will be way more convenient, in fact, super easy, for authors to post and edit articles, and for users to comment on them. Plus, the most recent articles will appear in the blog roll (which you will be able to subscribe to).

The "Songography" will be a link at the top of the page that takes users to a blog page that frames the database. Here users can browse and/or search for songs. Clicking a Title returns a Song Info Box with the "facts" - Recording Date, Recording Location, Session Info, and Releases - and a sidebar that will contain some interesting notes and, most important, pedagogical tags and a link to the Song Article Post (the Song Info Box will also appear at the end of the Song Article Post).

It sounds a little convoluted when I explain it but, it is actually really user friendly.

Check it out.
Click "Chet Atkins Songography" at the top of the page to view the database.
Click an the song title "Ain'tcha Tired Of Makin' Me Blue" to view a Song Info Box.
Click on "Link To Song Article Post" to view article.

http://readmylicks.com/

I would like to say I appreciate you guys letting me develop this idea publicly on the Chetboard. I work much better when I at least think somebody is watching me. (Not sure what Freud would think of this.) The disadvantage is that everybody gets to see how stupid you can be at times but, the advantage, for me at least, is that it inspires me to actually get something done.

So if you are as weird as I am and you wanna develop a few articles about discoveries you have made when learning a Chet Tune, let me know and I will set you up with permission to post. Note: You don't actually have to publish your post while it is in progress, you can save it as a private draft.

Randy
Randy Finney

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins