Help for beginners

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Help for beginners

Postby Doug_H » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:51 am

Billy Anderson wrote:John Williams played in a group called Sky several years ago, so he is just about as cool as J. B. Try to get a copy of their video "Sky at Westminster Abbey" which includes Recuerdos and Bach'sToccata along with some popular tunes. Since Chet recorded Recuerdos, I hope this will keep me from being hammered about posting here. KOPAP. Billy

According to the 'Sky' website, that video is out of print and pretty much impossible to find. However...it can be had fairly easily (I'll take the 5th on 'how'). That was well worth the 700+Meg download just to see John Williams playing a Les Paul. :o
Doug_H

Postby tyguy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Jack Baker wrote:Hi Roger,
Nice seeing you on here. The person who claimed to do the background checkup is bogus and simply lying. He can't obtain the information that he claimed he did without legal authority or an attorney.

The University staff in just about any College is protected from deranged people like him. He's just yet another looney who has come on here trying to upset this wonderful site devoted to Chet and all things music. As you can see, I called him out on it and I hope he will cease and desist with his false rantings...be well Roger...my best Jack

I've been off the range for awhile so I guess im deranged.The pickup notes for Cannonball Rag are G F# F(on and four and) so logically(what the ear wants to hear)should go to an E(bass)as that's the next half step not a B(bass on E7).Sing G F# F B doesn't sound right to me. The Best, Ty M.
tyguy

Postby stambi » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:17 pm

In the beginning, the name of this topic was "help for beginners". I can't see any help here any more.
Boris Stambuk
stambi

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins