Bogus Emails from Chetboarders

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Bogus Emails from Chetboarders

Postby Richard Hudson » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Tom, I think whoever it is has taken over his email account. The email will only go to the perpetrator, that is unless you have another addy.
Richard Hudson

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:37 pm

I just got that same one Tom from a guy who is a pal of mine and I do not think he sent it or knows that it was sent.
Roger Pratt

Postby David Elliott » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:02 pm

I've recently been "attacked" by one of these address-book worms myself, and in fact have had numerous erroneous e-mails sent out to actually several hundred people who I keep in my mailing list/address book. So far, mine have all been some sort of a financial scam, offering to loan money, make investments, etc. but I've heard from several people who've had their address book "hi-jacked", and discovered that unbeknownst to them, they've gotten into the "male-enhancement" business, and/or that they were peddling various "male" products, or other similar devices! :lol:

Anyhow, I checked with my ISP, and they say the easiest way to get rid of this crap is to simply change your password for your e-mail. I've done that, as well as run a full system scan, and did a "system restore" and returned my computer to the way it was about a week ago.

Hopefully, this will eliminate the problem. Anyone on here who has received a "strange" e-mail from me, offering to make a high-interest loan, or sell any of the aforementioned "products", (or other "dubious" transactions), please ignore and just delete the e-mail.

If, (on the other hand), that you feel compelled to make a cash donation because of my tragic financial circumstances, please feel free to do so! :)

David
David Elliott

Postby thenorm » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm

would love to donate to your cause.

send me your bank code and password and I'll direct deposit

:twisted:
thenorm

Postby David Elliott » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey Norm!

How kind... and what a coincedence! I had a guy in the 'Ukraine' offer to do the same this morning! :D
David Elliott

Postby Pam E » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:46 pm

When I talked to my mom(Nancy Saunders) today she had gotten that same email that Tompicks posted...

Pam E
Pam E

Postby PhilHunt » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:17 pm

David,
Most of the emails I get, are from your email. I'm pretty sure you're not sending them.
Phil
PhilHunt

Postby David Elliott » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi Phil,

Yeah, I think it sent out well over a hundred (on two different occasions) and no, they're not from me... :roll:

As per my previous post, the steps I've taken "should" correct the problem. Let me know though, if that's not the case! I've gotten 4 or 5 myself, so who knows where they're originating from? This "worm" seems to operate "willy-nilley" and it's obviously a robotic (bot) mal-ware, as it sends them to businesses and individuals alike. Several of the "recepients" were even the e-mail addresses of my ISP scam reporting division! :D

David
David Elliott

Postby Doug_H » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:20 am

Well darn, David. I thought you were really concerned about my..ahem..medical problems. LOL!
Doug_H

Postby David Elliott » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:53 am

Well darn, David. I thought you were really concerned about my..ahem..medical problems. LOL! Doug Hendrix

Hi Doug,
Well, I am "concerned", but can't help you in that area...but I do have some connections to get you a quick loan if you're interested! Let me know, and I'll have them contact you from their headquarters in Warsaw! 8-)

Always glad to help.

David
David Elliott

PreviousNext

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins