Where is the old format?

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Where is the old format?

Postby amdyck » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Listen, maybe I'm a bit thick, but I can't seem to locate the link which will allow me to read the long list of fan comments and questions (the way it used to be). Can you tell me, please, which link will get me there?
amdyck

Re: Where is the old format?

Postby JohnBinns » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:55 am

It might take a few tries to navigate to the current threads and comments. Here is what I do:

When the board opens up "Board Index" I click on "view active topics". If you login, there are also other options like "view unread topics". "View active topics" will give you the list of current threads being discussed.

Choose a topic you wish to view and in the right side column you will see the name of the last contributor. Clicking the little box (with an arrow) beside the contributor's name will take you to the last comment of that thread. Clicking on the thread name takes you to the first comment.

Most forum boards have similar setups, just that the placement, labeling and/or graphics maybe different.

One improvement over the old board...I found that the thread index would "jump around" several moments before it reset. This board doesn't do that. Only thing I miss is the homepage picture with the guitar leaning against the stool
JohnBinns

Re: Where is the old format?

Postby Brett Foster » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm logged in but can see no "view unread topics" options, just "view urnead posts" which covers all/most topics. In the old setup I mostly just looked at the new topics at the top of the list, is there some way to do that now?
Not a big deal but I do find the new, no doubt more stable and easily managed, board less user friendly.
Thanks for keeping it up and running anyway,
Brett Foster
Brett Foster

Return to Support