band in a box screen issue

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

band in a box screen issue

Postby Norm » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Upgraded my PC... Windows XP Pro with a better machine.

I have band in a box version 10 and in my older machine (Windows XP Pro) the screen was of a comfortable viewing size and all the icons were easy to see.
Now the view fills the screen and my old cache of songs play properly with all the icons and suchlike as before but all of it is severely reduced in size on the screen itself.

Any ideas?
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Re: band in a box screen issue

Postby Harold Payne » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:54 pm

iF i UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEM NORM, TRY THIS. GET IN THE "SCREEN NOTATION MODE" BY CLICKING ON THE "NOTE iCON". LOOK AT THE LAST LINE ON THE SCREEN THAT STARTS WITH THE WORD "OPT" AND FOLLOW ACROSS UNTIL YOU SEE A "+" SIGN. CLICKING ON THIS SIGN INCREASES FONT SIZE. GOOD LUCK WITH BB.... HAROLD PAYNE, UGP, (UNCERTIFIED GUITAR PLAYER).
Harold Payne

Postby Norm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks, Harold...
I'll give that a shot. Sounds logical enough.

I looooove my biab because it's like a friendly metronome. Keeps me honest.

I like the "UCP" :D
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

That should do it.
Norm

Postby Norm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:13 am

I only see two "note icons", both at the left end of the screen on the top edge of the big chording screen to immediate the left of where the song title is displayed. Both, when clicked, give me variations of a musical staff with no textual options at all (I'm using version 10 of biab)

That should do it.
Norm

Postby Norm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:45 am

"Notation Window Options" brings up a window that deals with a musical staff and the only reference to fonts is the option to use PG fonts.

There is an "OPT" pull down at the top of the screen that offers two Preference windows but neither deal with fonts or Note that I can see.

I can get by with the way it is now but it's mildly frustrating that it looked so good on my older machine and now is so scrunched up and apparently there's nothing I can do about it

I do appreciate your suggestion though. This is one of those things where it would go much faster if we were both in the same room looking directly at the problem

That should do it.
Norm

Postby rhudson » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Norm, if everything is smaller, not only biab, but everything, it may be your screen resolution. You can change that by a right click on your wall paper and find the one that suits you better. Usually on a new computer the resolution is set pretty high for a sharper image. Maybe... I hope you find the problem. I know the feeling.
rhudson

Postby Norm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:53 pm

That's a possibility I fooled around with but then when you do that it affects so many other things. That could be the best solution and the question would then be do I jink the resolution to make biab happy and maybe lose something in the more often used windows etc etc.

I could try just adjusting the screen resolution when I go to biab. it ain't exactly rocket science

That should do it.
Norm

Postby Harold Payne » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Richard's suggestion to change resolution could be the answer. Mine is set at 1024X768 pixels and BB fills the entire screen. Norm, did you find the plus (+) sign I mentioned?. Looking at my BB Version 10 handbook it's shown it in the Music Notation Screen Mode (screen with notes, staff lines, chords). Look for the line immediately above the notation screen window that contains the following: Opt .........Loop screen B D P G S M S # L - + I have BB 2013 and it has really become too complex for me to comprehend because it has so many features now. I'm doing good just to be able
to enter chords, notes, key, tempo, style, etc. Hope you can get font problem resolved. Best wishes, Harold Payne UGP (Uncertified Guitar Player).
Harold Payne

Postby Norm » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:34 pm

There's another factor here. I have a pretty big monitor. I think I better see if I can find the original installation CD because my device manager is reading it like a generic unit.

I tried a few different resolution settings. Harold, yours (when applied to this monitor) is just too big. And if we aren't using the same version of biab the buttons will vary due to their upgrades.I'll get it to go...

The hunt is half the fun

That should do it.
Norm

Return to Support