a NewGuy getting blocked

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

a NewGuy getting blocked

Postby Norm » Mon May 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Got this via gretschpages pm

What do I tell him?

_________

Hi Norm -- I have been trying to register on the Chet Board for about 3 weeks. I received an email that my user name, etc., was set up but that I had to wait for a someone to activate it. That has not happened. I "replied" to that email but it bounced back as "undeliverable" (or something).

I've gone through the Help pages -- I found a place that says I should contact a board administrator with my problem. However, it won't let me do that because I have to log in first, and it won't let me log in (I get an error that says my user name & password have not been activated).

So, I'm stuck. Does it normally take more than 3 weeks? Do you know of, and can you send me a link for a way I can contact the admin. folks?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Re: a NewGuy getting blocked

Postby Tompicks » Mon May 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks for passing it on Norm, have the new guy email me at tlredmond@earthlink.net and I will fix it. I am in the process of changing the login/registration process and am seeking some outside phpBB expertise to help me through a few things.

Tom
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby Tompicks » Mon May 20, 2013 7:16 pm

On a related topic, I have been getting registration duplicates from people, ie. folks trying to register using multiple names. I think going forward the best idea is to start using real names, while grandfathering in some of the old timers (like Tompicks and Norm!).
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby Norm » Mon May 20, 2013 8:41 pm

You should be hearing from the blocked NewGuy directly.
Thanks
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

That should do it.
Norm

Postby DagerRande » Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 am

Hey Everyone!

I'm just getting back in after having changed computers and losing my original log-in info. I tried for months and finally succeeded. Tom, I'm one of those with multiple names because I continue to be told that I "already exist" but am not allowed in. I kept having to change. It's nice to be back!

Rande
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Norm » Tue May 21, 2013 10:52 am

My friend got in so we're making progress...
:)

That should do it.
Norm

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue May 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Rande. It's good to see you back. I missed your posts. I hope you're doing well.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Tue May 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Thank you, Ray! I was able to read the posts but only recently have been able to "get in". In the past I've been known to post "too much" anyway.......lol.

I recently came across an old printed program that I was given while walking into one of Chet's concerts at Michigan State University in Lansing in 1980. Chet was introducing Steve Wariner that night and told everyone to "keep an eye on him" because he was "going to do great things".

I'll see what I can do to post it.

Rande
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby DagerRande » Tue May 21, 2013 3:26 pm

OK, I need to know how to upload a pdf file here. I received an error message saying that it wasn't possible.

thanks,

Rande
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby senojnad » Tue May 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks -- I'm "the New Guy" and I'm no longer getting blocked!

I got my first Chet Atkins LP ("Stringin' Along With Chet Atkins") around 1955 I think. My older sister worked in a record store (we used to have such things) and bought it for me. I got my newest album (CD) two weeks ago. There has been a "boat load" of albums and CD's in between.....

I've been playing guitars for over 60 years. That does not make me better than others. It just means I have more experience making the same mistakes over and over......

Hello!!
senojnad

Next

Return to Support