a NewGuy getting blocked

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Re: a NewGuy getting blocked

Postby rhirvine » Tue May 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Rande,
I'm glad to see you are back. I wondered what happened to you. We kind of got to know more of one another a few years back when I mentioned the demise of World Music in Simi Valley.
rhirvine

Postby DagerRande » Tue May 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Hello Rich!

Yes, it's good to be back. By the way, I'll be out there in mid August. My youngest daughter lives in Camarillo and maybe it would be nice to get together with you on a day that she has to work?

Rande
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby BillB » Tue May 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey Rande!
Welcome back! Does this mean you have a computer that you can record on now?

Bill B.
BillB

Postby DagerRande » Wed May 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the welcome! I was online last night watching the Reed tribute and saw your question about what you had missed. I tried to let you know but wasn't allowed to post. I guess I had to sign in and didn't want to take the time during the concert.

Regarding my computer, mine crashed and my mother had bought a laptop a while back and she had no idea how to use it so she gave it to me. It is an Acer and seems to have a lot of problems but I can at least do the minimum that I need to do. Nope, no recording yet.

I'm hoping to get some sort of dependable Mac before CAAS of 2014. I think it's possible. In the mean time I'll continue to practice so that I have something to record. I seem to be doing a lot of performing around Michigan and it has picked up a lot over the past few years.

One of my first songs that I'll record is the Beatle's song "I Saw Her Standing There". I have sort of a Reed version.

Will you be at CAAS this Summer? I intend to make it down there for most of it. I wish it could be all, but I've got 3 classes of summer school and I'll have to find a sub for the first day or so.

take care,

Rande
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby BillB » Wed May 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Rande,
Not sure, but I hope to be there. I just don't know for sure.

Bill B.
BillB

Previous

Return to Support