Capturing Scores

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Capturing Scores

Postby bill_h » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm trying to write some instructional material using TablEdit,Open Office, and Fast Stone Capture. Those 3 programs have been working pretty well together until it came time to capture the tablature from some 12 bar progressions and insert them into a text document.

The problem is the 12 bar progressions are too big to capture at full size. In order to capture them I have to reduce them to about 50% of full size. When I do this they're too small to read when inserted as text into open office. Does anyone know a way around this?

I'm hoping to charge a fee for this instructional material on the internet. For that reason I'd prefer to present the info as a text document. I think people would be less likely to pay for access to a website if they didn't have to download a new program to access some of the information. ( Especially if they have to buy a new program.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bill_h

Re: Capturing Scores

Postby Norm » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:26 pm

Maybe use printscreen which converts them into something like a jpg.
Seems like there should be a way to convert just about anything into a jpg then you can move it where you want as you would any photo

This

http://www.tabledit.com/help/english/printpreview.shtml

seems to say you can convert all or part as a bitmap which, I think, has the same maneuverability
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Return to Support