Help "ripping" a DVD to put on YT

Need help? Don't know how to embed youtube videos? Can't listen to mp3's on the forum? Problems browsing the Chetboard? Find the solution here!

Help "ripping" a DVD to put on YT

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:57 pm

It's been 3 computer crashes ago that I posted anything off a DVD onto YouTube. Somebody off this CB helped me with what software I needed to download that would "rip" the individual tracks off the DVD and put them in a format that YT would accept - but, I have forgotten who, what and, of curse, whatever program it was went away with the crashes...

Back in 2006 Kenny Poole (phenomenal finger style jazz guitarist) came up to Columbus from Cinci and played for the Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club a few months before he knew he was going to pass away. I know he's not a Chet player - but, it was Chet's "Fingerstyle Guitar" album that turned him on to finger style guitar when he was a teenager. Listen to him at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SebvNnRp7t0

In 2006 I had a video/reproduction service here in Columbus that took an interest in that project and not only loaned me the fancy video camera to record the concert - he edited the lousy sound I screwed up (almost inaudible) into what it is on the DVD - and, did the artwork on the DVD and made several batches of them for me over the years. He's out of business now and I have no way of reproducing them.

I still get requests for that DVD from all over the world. So, I would like to put the entire Kenny Poole "deep end of the poole" DVD out on YT in an attempt to keep his talents alive well into the future.

Any help ripping this into what YT will accept will be greatly appreciated.

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Re: Help "ripping" a DVD to put on YT

Postby PhilHunt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:08 am

Palmer,
The program I use for my Muzikman74 Chet/Jerry videos on youtube is AOA DVD RIPPER. Simple and easy to use, but there's also tons more out there. The program I have is really old (about 2006), the new one is probably better.
Phil
PhilHunt

Postby Pickin Palmer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Thanks, Phil. I tried to download that AOA off the net, but quickly realized why I don't do that much, anymore: When at the AOA site My Foxfire browser "warns" me that I'm going to a "known malicious" web site. My computer has had so much "junk" put on it during those downloads, before - it just scares me to death. And, it's a pain getting them off. ARG!!!

Life used to be sooo much simpler when I drove a '57 Chevy and rolled my Lucky Strikes up in my tee shirt sleeve...

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Hey Palmer......I use Windows Media Player that should already be on your PC. Just open up your library and insert a disc in your drive and a "Rip" option should come up at the top. Once you get the file on your PC you should be able to upload to YT.
Roger Pratt

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Thanks, Roger - however, even this computer had a disk failure and had to be replaced - when they (Staples) installed the new drive they installed VISTA (ARG!) OS and it's Media Player has never been able to open a DVD. Says some Codex is missing.. Click on Web Help - and, you have to be a programmer to understand it all. (I'm not a programmer - I'm a half fast guitar plucker... (lol)

However, not all is lost - Phil pointed me to AOA - and, LMark "held my hand" getting me past the "bad site" warnings my Foxfire put up. It's in - all ok...

Thanks, guys....
Pickin Palmer

Return to Support